We love summer rolls stuffed with noodles, seared tofu, avocado, and tons of fresh ingredients like mint, basil, and green onions. And for lunch at home, we like to put together meal-sized summer roll wraps in brown rice tortillas.
Feel free to wing it a little here. There are so many ingredients that would be amazing in this dish. You’re only limited by your own imagination; bean sprouts, tomatoes, and radish also would be awesome here. In fact, you never have to make them the same way twice. The real secret is tons of fresh herbs and our Spicy Peanut Sauce.
Summer Roll Wraps + Spicy Peanut Sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 package firm or extra-firm tofu, sliced into 12 pieces, patted dry
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 1/2 cups bean thread noodles, prepared according to package directions
4 brown rice tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 large avocado, peeled, sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 green onions, sliced
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons sriracha
1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a large frying pan over high heat, add the oil. Once it starts smoking a bit, carefully slide the tofu slices into the pan. Be careful, they will splatter if not completely dry. Dry tofu and a hot pan assure that the tofu won’t stick to the pan.
2. Season the side of the tofu facing up with salt and pepper and allow it to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip tofu and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
3. Prepare the Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce and the bean thread noodles according to the instructions.
4. Heat the tortillas in a dry pan until soft and pliable.
5. Assemble 4 wraps by dividing the noodles, lettuce, avocado, carrot, cucumber, cilantro, mint, basil, and tofu among the tortillas and drizzle each with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Roll them up and enjoy.