This may very well be one of the best things about summer...
We’re SO looking forward to picking peaches from our new trees in the front yard. And we have this ice cream at the top of our list once we get a good-sized harvest.
Grilled Peach Ice Cream (vegan)
4 medium peaches, peeled, halved
1/2 cup brown sugar
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup full-fat oat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt flakes
4 sprigs of mint, to garnish
1. Place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer for 6 hours prior to making this dish.
2. Over a high flame on an outdoor grill, grill peaches cut-side-down until well marked by the grill grates. You want some of the sugars to blacken. Using tongs flip the peaches and grill the other side. Remove peaches from the grill and set aside two halves to sliced when cooled for garnish.
3. In the work bowl of your food processor, add the grilled peaches, brown sugar, lemon juice, oat milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until very smooth.
4. Add this mixture to your ice cream maker. It’ll take about 20 minutes for the mixture to freeze.
5. To serve, scoop a generous portion into 4 small bowls. Serve alongside warm grilled & sliced peaches + a sprig of mint.
Tips: Eaten immediately out of the ice cream maker, this ice cream’s texture is similar to soft serve ice cream. You may also scrape the mixture into a food storage container and harden it in the freezer, which will give you a more scoop-able consistency. Just remember to remove ice cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving so it’s easier to scoop.
Note: Also check out this version of the recipe by Lauren Chandler Cooks.