@901savethefood x @chubbyveg collaboration
Sponsored by 901 Save the Food
There’s just something about red peppers, the sweetest bell pepper. If you have a couple to use up, char them slightly and blend them into this magnificent sauce. It’s a wonderful option to make ahead for a pizza night or use it to top any kind of pasta you have on hand.
Roasted Red Pepper Vodka Sauce
2 red bell peppers
1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup vodka
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup Romano cheese
1. Pull the stems from the peppers and remove the seeds and place both in your compost bin. Halve the 2 peppers.
2. On your stovetop, heat a large frying pan to medium-high. Using tongs, place the peppers skin-side-down into the pan, checking for char every 2 minutes or so. Once you see a char mark, use tongs to turn the peppers to char them on the other sides. Set peppers aside to cool.
3. Once peppers have cooled, place them into a blender along with the can of tomatoes, vodka, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and carrot. Blend well but know that it’s okay if the sauce isn’t completely smooth – this is a rustic sauce.
4. Into the same large frying pan that you used to char the peppers, pour the sauce. Heat the pan to medium and add the Romano cheese and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir the sauce every few minutes as it cooks.
5. Serve on top of your favorite pasta or pizza.