This fast-food inspired meal is the perfect thing for right now.
Try your hand at making our version at home and see what you think!
2 10-inch tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can refried pinto beans
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
2 large avocados
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper,to taste
1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage or collards
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
Hot sauce, to taste
Greek yogurt or sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brush both sides of each tortilla with the olive oil. Place on a large baking sheet so they don’t overlap. Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
3. Spread about 1/2 cup of the refried pinto beans on each of the crispy tortillas; you will use more than half the can. Reserve the remainder for another use, or just make 2 Mexican pizzas.
4. Sprinkle the cheese on one of the bean-covered tortillas. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the beans are warmed through.
5. Make a simple guacamole by combining the flesh of the avocado and the lime juice in a medium bowl and mashing it with a fork until there are no large chunks left. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
6. Stack the bean-covered tortilla onto the bean-and-cheese-covered tortilla. Top that with all of the guacamole, cabbage or collards, tomato, chives, pickled jalapeño, and hot sauce.
7. Cut it into quarters and serve warm with yogurt or sour cream.